The Start With Hello program enables students to make a difference with their peers in a simple, fun, and impactful way by encouraging them to take small but powerful actions to promote connectedness and inclusion, and to identify and help others who are showing signs of social isolation. Visit https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/startwithhelloweek?utm for more information.
Monday, September 23rd
(H) Hi's and High fives!
Promise 2 Start With Hello.
- Say Hello and give Hi-fives to classmates.
Wear “Hello my name is” stickers during school.
Tuesday, September 24th
(E) Encourage Each other!
Promise 2 Be Kind.
- Encourage random acts of kindness.
Wear a shirt with a message of kindness. “Be Kind” “Choose Kind” “Kindness Matters”
Wednesday, September 25th
(L) Learn something new about someone!
Promise 2 Embrace Diversity.
- Mix it up in the lunch room and diversify the lunch tables!
Thursday, September 26th
(L) Look for someone who is alone, or left out.
Promise 2 Reach Out and Help.
- Smile, reach out, and invite someone who is sitting alone to play or eat lunch with you.
Friday, September 27th
(O) Own IT!
Promise 2 Connect.
- Continue to take steps each day to smile and greet others and to invite those who are left out or alone.
Green is the theme color for “Start with Hello” week. Wear a green shirt!