2021-2022 School Supply List
July 27, 2021
5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony: Live on Facebook
May 27, 2021
Scholastic Book Fair time!
May 19, 2021
The Book Fair is taking place May 19th-26th! Stock up on books for Summer Reading and support the Mabry Media Center's book collection at the same time! We will have all contactless transactions again and running all purchases through the eWallet.
Students will visit the book fair by grade:
May 19/20 - Kindergarten
May 20 - 2nd grade
May 21 - 1st grade
May 24 - 5th grade
May 25 - 4th grade
May 26 - 3rd grade
Load up your child's eWallet here:
Mrs. Rocha appreciates all of the outreach and offers to volunteer. While we can't have volunteers for the book fair at this time, we hope to have plenty of opportunity next school year.
Mabry Trek Dolphin Pick Up Details
March 14, 2021
Thank you so much to all the families who are sponsoring a dolphin sign in our First Annual Mabry Trek! South Tampa will be full of Mabry dolphins showing our school spirit in April!
While sponsorship is now closed, every family is encouraged to register for the event at https://dolphinhunt.givesmart.com. We want all families to take this time to get to know their neighbors better! Have fun getting out for walks or bike rides and wave to others in the Mabry community as they pass by!
What happens next?
- All families who register at the link above will receive a link to the Jim Cornwell State Farm Trivia sheet on April 2nd and will be entered in the Pediatric Dentistry - Dr. Jerry Copeland raffle, which will include prizes like an iPad Mini and a FitBit! (Families who purchased t-shirts or sponsored signs are already registered.)
- The maps with the walking trails will be published April 2nd at mabrypta.org and registered families will also receive a link to the maps.
- If you sponsored a sign or ordered T-shirts, pick up will be on Saturday March 27th in the back parking lot.
- If you chose to place the sign in your yard, please put it out on April 2nd and leave it out for the month of April.
- Lastly, if you choose to walk or bike the trails with members of the Mabry community who are not in your household, please take proper COVID precautions. We want to have fun and meet our neighbors, while also being SAFE!
Please visit our PTA website for all the details on our Mabry trek.
THANK YOU to all of our wonderful business sponsors!
Thank you for an Out of this WORLD Staff Appreciation Week!
March 14, 2021
A huge thank you to our Mabry families, the PTA, and some of our amazing local sponsors for making Staff Appreciation Week possible!
Generous donations and discounts from 18 Bagels, Yogurtology, La Segunda, Wright’s Gourmet House, Chicken Salad Chick, Fresh Kitchen, and of course the snack and drink table made it possible for the entire Mabry staff to get spoiled with eats and treats all week long. The staff was over the moon appreciative of the sweet notes and gifts from the students as well. Here are a few moments from the week.
Finally, a special thank you goes out to Staff Appreciation Chair Lauren Martin. Her hard work and attention to detail in planning and coordinating made this week possible!
Fifth Grade Celebration Update
March 14, 2021
To our fifth grade parents, thank you so much for having patience and flexibility as we work through this year and the changes we are navigating to plan our fifth grade celebration. We want you to know that our administrators, teachers, and our PTA 5th grade committee are working hard with the district to bring your children a safe and special celebration.
For planning purposes, here is what we do know:
1. Your children will be celebrated at school; at school celebrations will be provided for the entire fifth grade but classes will celebrate at separate times.
2. Per district policy, we are not able to do any type of school or PTA organized off-site field trip.
3. The moving up ceremony will be live streamed for parents on Thursday, May 27th.
Additional information will be coming to 5th grade parents soon!
February 23, 2021
Kindergarten Roundup for Mabry is happening this week!
This year the district will be hosting this event virtually for upcoming Kindergarten families interested in learning more about Mabry.
When: Tuesday, 2/23 at 8 a.m.
To register, please email district staff Elizabeth David [email protected] - she will then send you the virtual meeting login.
Please pass this information along to your neighbors to help spread the word!
Our 1st Annual Mabry Trek Spring Fundraiser event is LIVE!
February 15, 2021
The Mabry PTA is partnering with Tampa Yard Greetings to raise funds for the school while also providing an activity to encourage the Mabry community to learn about our neighbors and get outside and WALK! The winner of the Fall Auction “Name Mabry’s Dolphin” item has named our beloved mascot Tony for the year.
How it Works:
For this event, Mabry families can sponsor signs featuring our dolphin, Tony, to place in their yards (or, if desired, on school property). Family and friends can also sponsor dolphins if they want to join in. The PTA will create walking routes through Mabry’s neighborhoods. All Mabry families, whether they sponsored a dolphin or not, are encouraged to follow Tony’s Trek through our neighborhoods each Saturday and Sunday in April to find Tony out and about!
Signs (and T-shirts!) are on sale now, ending March 5, 2021.
The objective of Tony's Trek is simple - to raise money for our school while getting moving and having fun safely! Plus, friendly competition between families and classes and raffle prizes don't hurt either.
Every family is encouraged to go to the link above to register for the walk. Families who sponsor dolphins or buy t-shirts will automatically be registered. On April 1st, a trivia form will be distributed to all registered families.
Every family that registers will get one entry into our raffle. Each t-shirt purchase will count as 2 raffle entries. Dolphin sponsorships will generate additional raffle entries.
Raffle winners will be picked on May 5th and win fun prizes! Class participation prizes will also be handed out!
Please visit our PTA website for all the details.
Mabry Spirit Night at PDQ - March 3
February 10, 2021
When: Wednesday 3/3
Where: PDQ - 2207 S Dale Mabry Hwy
How: Mention Mabry at checkout to earn 20% back to Mabry
- While this Spirit Night will be a one-day event on 3/3, health & safety remain the priority!
- All day availability to allow flexibility for families to come and go at a time that works best for you. Be sure to mention to extended family as well so they can help support our school!
- Take-out & drive-thru preferred
- Outdoor seating available
- Mask wearing required indoors