1st Annual "Tony's Trek" Spring Fundraiser
I picked up my sign, now what?
Thanks again for supporting the Mabry Trek in our inaugural year. Since this event is new to all of us, I’m sure you have questions on the next steps. Here’s a quick overview. As always, you can also email any questions or suggestions for how to improve the event to [email protected].
- Step one – put your Dolphin sign together as follows:
- For the bigger size sign – please have a buddy hold the sign steady while you slide the rebar through the bracket and then hammer the rebar into the ground approximately 4”-6”.
- For the smaller size sign – these are already assembled to the wire frame. Please push the wire frame into the ground to the point that the lower crossbar is flush with the ground.
- Step two – if you elected to have your family name listed on the sign, we have initially attached the family name to the appropriate spot on the sign using duct tape. Should your family name come loose, please replace it using duct tape.
- Step three – place your sign in your yard on April 2nd and leave it out for the month of April. Please be sure the sign is on your property and not on an easement or public space – that way it won’t be removed by the city or a helpful neighbor (the space between the sidewalk and the street or the first several feet of your yard is usually public space). You’re welcome to add lighting or other ways to showcase your Mabry pride!
- If you elected to place your sign at school – we will put it up for you on April 1st.
- Step four – on April 2nd, look for the text with the walking trails map and the Jim Cornwell State Farm Trivia sheet. You will also be able to find those documents at www.mabrypta.org. Print the trivia sheet out so that you can email it back to us to be submitted in the Pediatric Dentistry - Dr. Jerry Copeland prize raffle.
- Step five – Start trekking! Pick a trail (there will be several) and start your walk or bike around Mabry’s neighborhoods to find Tony, our dolphin, out and about! Say hi to your school friends – or meet a new neighbor. The maps with the walking trails will be published on April 2nd at www.mabrypta.org. Make it a challenge to complete all the trails – you have all month to do it.
- Sponsor swag: Be sure to swing by Mabry on Saturday April 10th, 17th or 24th to visit our sponsor swag tables while supplies last. The tables will be set up in the back pick up lot (off of Neptune by the cafeteria) from 9 AM to 4 PM each of those Saturdays with goodies for trekkers! Please be courteous in taking some but leaving some for others!
- Safety tips: Please be sure to follow appropriate biking and safety measures. For example, make sure you’re with a responsible adult. Stay on the sidewalk or other safe area. Wear bright colors and trek during the day. If you bought a Trek T-Shirt – wear it or wear another Mabry spirit shirt. Put down all devices and headphones and pay attention to drivers. If you’re biking or scootering, wear a helmet. If you choose to walk or bike the trails with members of the Mabry community who are not in your household, please take proper COVID precautions. We want to have fun and meet our neighbors, while also being SAFE!
- Step six – return your Jim Cornwell State Farm Trivia Sheet by April 30th via email to [email protected] and be entered into the Pediatric Dentistry – Dr. Jerry Copeland raffle to win great prizes like an iPad Mini and FitBit. Note that all Mabry families may participate in the raffle by returning a trivia sheet, even if they didn’t sponsor a yard sign.
- Step seven – please thank our sponsors when you’re out and about. If you’re making a buying decision, keep our sponsors and their generosity to Mabry in mind. A full list of sponsors is available at www.mabrypta.org
- Step eight – Save your sign! Sign collection will take place in front and back carline the weeks of May 3rd. We want to be sustainable and budget friendly for next year! Help us by returning your sign so that we may reuse it for future events.
Have fun! Enjoy your trek and thank you for supporting the Mabry PTA.
THANK YOU to all of our wonderful business sponsors!
The objective of Tony's Trek is simple - to raise money for our school while getting moving and having fun safely! Plus, friendly competition between families and classes and raffle prizes don't hurt either.
Every family is encouraged to register for the walk on the event site. Families who sponsor dolphins or buy t-shirts will automatically be registered. On April 1st, a trivia form will be distributed to all registered families.
Every family that registers will get one entry into our raffle. Each t-shirt purchase will count as 2 raffle entries. Dolphin sponsorships will generate additional raffle entries. Raffle winners will be picked on May 5th and win fun prizes! Class participation prizes will also be handed out!